Wednesday 25 October 2017

Fondation Louis Vuitton in Paris

Fondation Louis Vuitton
Last week I was in Paris for a few days whilst going to pick up my work from Galerie de la Place in Auxerre.  The sun shone (unlike at home where the remains of Hurricane Ophelia were bringing rain and wind), and I managed to visit a few galleries.

The Fondation Louis Vuitton is a relatively new museum in Paris.  The building by Frank Gehry was astounding. In fact, I was more impressed with it than I was by the blockbuster exhibition on there of highlights of New York's MOMA.  I could have spent hours photographing different angles of the building, enjoying the reflections and the interplay of reflections, glass, steel and wood.   

There is a permanent installation by Olafur Eliasson, which you can see in the photos - it is the yellow columns.  It was stunning and the shade of yellow was very welcoming, if that is not a strange thing to say.
Olafur Eliasson
My favourite piece of the MOMA show, was the final room - a sound installation by the artist Janet Cardiff.  The sound of choral music echoed up the high walls giving a gorgeous and enveloping sound.

My top tip if you do visit is to book online as they appeared to only have one x-ray security machine and it was very slow for those of us who hadn't booked.








2 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm so glad the hurricanes were not in evidence when we met you last month! As for that architecture...it would seem you were on a sailing vessel! How remarkable!

Gillian Cooper said...

It is meant to look like a ship, Margaret - the building was amazing! Hope you both had a safe trip home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts